There Will Be No Additional Content To Dawn Of War 3

Todd Black

Administrator
solaris.0.0.png

Is there anything else coming to Dawn Of War 3? What's Relic up to?

Warhammer 40k: Dawn Of War 3 was a highly anticipated title upon its release. However, according to Relic, it didn't do as well as they hoped. For they told Eurogamer:

“While Dawn of War III has a dedicated player base, it didn’t hit the targets we were expecting at launch, and it hasn’t performed the way we had hoped since.”

So, what's next for Relic? Well, they're evaluating their next step:

“It’s been tough for us as professionals who want to make great games for our players, and for us as people who care a lot about what we do. When a game under-performs, plans need to change. With Dawn of War 3, we simply don’t have the foundation we need to produce major content. We’re working in close partnership with Sega and Games Workshop to determine the best course of action, while shifting focus to other projects within our portfolio.”

Not surprising, since the game flopped pretty hard. They made a boring MOBA - RTS hybrid with unbalanced multiplayer and the worst single player I've seen in an RTS in a long time.
The old Relic has been dead ever since the THQ went down, and I'm not sure the new one can produce anything that could match or exceed the old Dawn of War games. Especially under the influence of SEGA.

I was not expecting all that much but not what it ended up being, and it is always rough to witness a big old flop. Seems like an evaluation of the next step is what is in order here.

This RTS(real-time strategy) game called Warhammer 40K -Dawn of War 3 did have some great dedicated fans - also I think this this game was just launched last year on PC. Any kind of expansions or additions have been canceled for this game due to low sales though- which I see is to hard to rejuvenate as far as this type of RTS genre goes.

I think it's kind of sad but then again they had their budget. And loss happened. So yeah they decided to pull out. So things like this happen in the gaming industry. Nothing new about that part.

I think it's kind of sad but then again they had their budget. And loss happened. So yeah they decided to pull out. So things like this happen in the gaming industry. Nothing new about that part.
Other than the budget, they didn't make much profit.

They made a game that almost nobody wanted. This was to be expected.

Back