A Change For The Better?

pwarbi

Game Workshop, with Warhammer : Age Of Sigma, have totally changed the games rules and background compared to the other games in the series. Those of us that have been brought up playing Warhammer will be happy to see the game carry on after End Times, it does make me wonder why they chose to go down that route in the first place.

Would you have rather have seen the Warhammer that we all know and love carry on, or are you happy that Games Workshop have decided to go in a different direction with the Warhammer series?

I think the continuing the older version would have been better, adding new aspects into the game really divides the gamers in terms of opinions and ideology.

It's always good to go in another direction if you have a better idea than the last one - so the Age of Sigmar uses more of a narrative aspect of the wargaming experience and player created stories also.
lorecover.jpg

Game Workshop, with Warhammer : Age Of Sigma, have totally changed the games rules and background compared to the other games in the series. Those of us that have been brought up playing Warhammer will be happy to see the game carry on after End Times, it does make me wonder why they chose to go down that route in the first place.

Would you have rather have seen the Warhammer that we all know and love carry on, or are you happy that Games Workshop have decided to go in a different direction with the Warhammer series?
Changes like these are always good for a series because it revitalizes the fanbase and it also entices new people to give the Warhammer franchise a go. I haven't played this game yet but judging by the reviews and the general discussions, it has really created quite a storm. I was looking into getting Vermintide 2 but I may just buy this instead.

Changes like these are always good for a series because it revitalizes the fanbase and it also entices new people to give the Warhammer franchise a go. I haven't played this game yet but judging by the reviews and the general discussions, it has really created quite a storm. I was looking into getting Vermintide 2 but I may just buy this instead.
I agree, that these sort of changes always benefit the game

Changes in games can improve the game a lot that can attract a lot of people to play the game.

Changes in games can improve the game a lot that can attract a lot of people to play the game.
I wish the developers of franchises like Gran Turismo could re-invent themselves like this and be this successful but they continuously use the same old dead formula. Assassin's Creed is also in need of a revamp because the franchise has grown pretty repetitive since the second game. Add to that list Fifa which is just a huge cash-grab for EA at this point.

I wish the developers of franchises like Gran Turismo could re-invent themselves like this and be this successful but they continuously use the same old dead formula. Assassin's Creed is also in need of a revamp because the franchise has grown pretty repetitive since the second game. Add to that list Fifa which is just a huge cash-grab for EA at this point.
I don't think they are willing to take that risk

I don't think they are willing to take that risk
Which is why they are all dying out. To survive for successive seasons in any industry you have to be willing to evolve to meet the needs of your customers - it is a law of business. Assasin's Creed is the latest victim of stagnation.

Change is good. We all know too much of something is poison. We don't want it to turn out like WoW, where I've basically been doing the same thing over and over for over a decade.

Change is good. We all know too much of something is poison. We don't want it to turn out like WoW, where I've basically been doing the same thing over and over for over a decade.
I suppose you are right. I'm actually among thelist is people got stopped playing WoW because of the lack of new interesting material.

I personally love variety and change, so it's refreshing to see the new changes in the game.
I think this is exactly what most of us really want. Of course there is a small portion of gamers who would rather have the game remain just the way it is. Which I think is just insane.

I think this is exactly what most of us really want. Of course there is a small portion of gamers who would rather have the game remain just the way it is. Which I think is just insane.
Chnage can lead o failure sometimes but i hope not

Back