What is your opinion on movie reboots?

Have you seen more good ones than bad or vice versa. Do you think that they help a franchise or just milk it for to long. A good reboot I saw was Godzilla (2014) as well as the 1998 version. Though not sure if both count as a reboot.

The only movie reboots that i considered and felt were up to par with the original is Back to the future.

Back to the Future was a good series, and in general I agree that they are really pretty worthless with a few exceptions. It usually suffices to make just one.

It might actually be the case where the times they make more than two it is more likely to be better, and I can think of a few others like that.

I like reboot movies because they are refining the details of the movie. Especially in the effects department. Before they would have the best creative mind thinking on how to make a scene look futuristic, and sometimes it is not that good. Now, because of Computer Graphics, you v=can have anything you want. Even a whole planet.

I am not fan of the reboot movies. Most of the spider-man reboots are boring. I am kind of tired of watching every reboot of the spider-man. Also the amount of the reboots are rising every single year. So it's better to avoid them these days.

I've only seen the 1998 movie, it was just alright to me. It didn't stand out in my opinion, it was just so-so to me, so I hope the 2014 version would be better.

Last edited:
I would like to see the Mad Max Fury Road movie, that won all the oscars at the 2016 awards-I remember that ,and it won like 6 oscars for things like costume design,best sound editing, best film editing and a bunch more. They say this movie is about a extended car chase through a desert wasteland which sounds like the other Mad Max movies-but they said it may be the last one ?

@Arrowbite97, I would also say that some remakes are even better than the original one, like the US version of Let Me In. The original Swedish version Let The Right One In was so bland and boring.

Last edited:
Well, for me I like and appreciate both original and reboot movie. Though, I also compared both but let's just appreciate the efforts they make to publish a movie like Godzilla or SpiderMan. I'm a superhero movie fan. I can say the original and the reboot of SpiderMan movie is good in each other way. I've also seen Let Me In. I've loved the remake so I also watche the past version and I think it's okay though the language is not english. While, Titanic reboot is not as good as the original. I think that's the only biased comment about reboot movies, since I really love Titanic the movie.

I think reboots movies are great but it differs how it's made. I don't want to see a reboot movie without any significant improvements like graphics and scene twists.

I think reboots movies are great but it differs how it's made. I don't want to see a reboot movie without any significant improvements like graphics and scene twists.

Same. Reboots should always be better, compared to their respective prequels. One movie that I love is "The Matrix," it took so long, but it's all worth it in the end. The story and plot are just great.

Back