Just Starting Out Space Wolves

Terry1

I'm just dipping my toes in the water so to speak. I want to play Space wolves or Grey Knights (if I can run them together that'd be awesome). My current budget is $200 not including paint. What would you folks recommend as a good start that would competitive and fun for Spacewolves?

If I need to take this to another subreddit just point me in the right direction thanks for your time dudes.

Allies between any Imperial forces are easy enough to do, but I'd recommend starting with just one faction.

For starting Space Wolves I'd grab two of the Start Collecting! boxes. With everything inside, you should be able to put together a Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf, 5 Thunderwolf Cav, 20 Grey Hunters/Blood Claws/Wolf Guard (I'd probably go mostly Grey Hunters), and a couple Characters on foot. With a little work, you could make them passable Wolf Priests or Rune Priests. If you can afford anything past that, pick up a Razorback or two.

2 start collecting kits and a codex off eBay sounds good. You have one of the better start collecting kits, and the wolves really pull their weight. There is never a list that doesn't use thunderwolves as far as I have seen. I would buy one, paint it up and see of you like modelling and painting wolves, then consider a second one.

You might want to check out Amazon for a box of space wolves for some very good prices-but I would just start out with one box at a time and glue them together and paint them -then you can buy another box. It sure looks like fun and they have plenty of these boxes of space wolves to get you interested and start your collection.

Just make sure that be super careful when going to eBay route. I say that just having been burned there last week.

Subreddit ? really ?
It's hard to do anything with that low of a budget, especially if you're just starting. WH40K figures/models are expensive as f### in my experience. Granted the quality is great.

Back