Which wh40K game is your favorite ?

razer

Quite a few video games based on this universe have been released. Which ones are your favorite ?

I've only played DOW 1 and 2 RTS games, and Space Marine, all made by Relic. My favorite is DOW 2 due to the awesome single player campaign which got even better with Chaos Rising expansion. DOW 1 was pretty good in its time, but I think it aged pretty badly. I haven't played Space Marine much, it seemed fun but quickly got repetitive so I didn't get far into the game.

Truly speaking, I have only played the first sequel game (dawn of war II). I have never played the others in the series though. I found the game interesting.

Truly speaking, I have only played the first sequel game (dawn of war II). I have never played the others in the series though. I found the game interesting.
Have you played the expansions ? They're pretty good, especially the first one ( Chaos Rising ). I guess you could go back and play DOW 1 - it's still a decent game, but don't bother with DOW 3 especially if you like single player.

Have you played the expansions ? They're pretty good, especially the first one ( Chaos Rising ). I guess you could go back and play DOW 1 - it's still a decent game, but don't bother with DOW 3 especially if you like single player.
I liked the expansions too, but I just preferred the second one over the first.

My favorite would be the 2nd one too, and also because of the campaign! The 3rd one sucked balls, though.

So you liked Retribution more than Chaos Rising ? I didn't. I thought Chaos Rising was overall a more focused and polished game, and the campaign was practically the same for every race ( with the exception of some dialogue ) in Retribution anyway.

I only played the first sequel too, I loved the game and I would like to play more sequels and expansions of the game but I don't have the time to do that because I'm a busy student. Hopefully at summer, I will play more sequels.

There is only Dawn of War 3 left for you to play. And, the last time I checked the game was dying because it sucked badly. Don't bother.

I would have to go with the post-human nightmare figures, and the game is called Adeptus Mechanicus. They look like they are made up of metal and flesh, and they are always trying to get information and technology for the machine god.

the campaign was practically the same for every race ( with the exception of some dialogue ) in Retribution anyway.
That actually is one thing that I agree with, but I don't tend to replay the campaign from a different race usually so didn't really bother me. But I know most people do that tho.

You seem to be very active here, big fan? :)

That actually is one thing that I agree with, but I don't tend to replay the campaign from a different race usually so didn't really bother me. But I know most people do that tho.

You seem to be very active here, big fan? :)
The repetitiveness might not bother you since you didn't get to experience it in the first place, but if they had focused on just one race the campaign would have almost certainly been of higher quality.
And yes, I'm a fan though to be honest I prefer video games and lore over tabletop gaming. W40K tabletop is a bloody expensive hobby and I suck at it anyway.

Back