Do you think the Emperor of Mankind is going to die eventually ?

razer

We know he's been mortally wounded, and has been sitting on the golden throne for 10k years, with his condition degrading over time. Even worse, the golden throne itself is starting to fail so the tech priests had to struck a bargain with Dark Eldar, to keep it operational ( Which seems like a very bad idea. Dark Eldar and the Chaos gods are the biggest tricksters in the 40k universe ). At this point his death seems inevitable.

I never like to think that anything in inevitable in these types of situations as I have been fooled before. I can see where this is coming from though and things can only continue to crumble for so long.

Unless he imposes his authority absolutely pretty much as soon as he wakes up, the Imperium will fracture. One side would follow the Emperor without question. Another side would denounce the Emperor as a fake and refuse Imperial authority and another side would take advantage of both sides.

The Ecclesiarchy would either implode internally, or be completely stripped and rebuilt into some kind of secular missionary organisation.

The Inquisition would splinter spectacularily, with some inquistors going rogue to try to maintain their level of influence, their ex-fellows hunting them down in the name of the Emperor.

The Astartes will probably be the most solid base to follow the Emperor.

The High Lords of Terra may try to resist or work around the Emperor, but that won't last long since they are on Terra with the Emperor.

Individual governors would declare for or against the Emperor depending on their circumstance, whether they are well armed/trooped/far away/corruption.

But once the Emperor asserts his authority (at least of the Sol system), he will most likely find/heal/rescue whatever of his Primarchs are left, gather his legions of Astartes, and go on a crusade to properly reunite his Imperium.

Unless he imposes his authority absolutely pretty much as soon as he wakes up, the Imperium will fracture. One side would follow the Emperor without question. Another side would denounce the Emperor as a fake and refuse Imperial authority and another side would take advantage of both sides.

The Ecclesiarchy would either implode internally, or be completely stripped and rebuilt into some kind of secular missionary organisation.

The Inquisition would splinter spectacularily, with some inquistors going rogue to try to maintain their level of influence, their ex-fellows hunting them down in the name of the Emperor.

The Astartes will probably be the most solid base to follow the Emperor.

The High Lords of Terra may try to resist or work around the Emperor, but that won't last long since they are on Terra with the Emperor.

Individual governors would declare for or against the Emperor depending on their circumstance, whether they are well armed/trooped/far away/corruption.

But once the Emperor asserts his authority (at least of the Sol system), he will most likely find/heal/rescue whatever of his Primarchs are left, gather his legions of Astartes, and go on a crusade to properly reunite his Imperium.
Yeah, that's all true but kind of irrelevant to the topic.
I doubt they are going to make the emperor heal and wake up since he is so powerful that he would be a "game-changer", unless all the other races/factions got someone equally as powerful which would be silly at this point.
If he did wake up, Tau would be the first one to get stomped, most likely.

We all know if he dies, humanity would become very vulnerable since astronomican would go out plus with the amount of stream of psykers being sacrificed to feed him I don't think we are going to see his death any time soon.

I don't see the death of the emperor any time soon. There simply is no more such room for new lead of the storyline like this.

I don't see the death of the emperor any time soon. There simply is no more such room for new lead of the storyline like this.
There is definitely room, the lore is getting very stale. They need to move the story forward in a substantial way but are obviously reluctant to because most of the fanbase would probably hate it.

We all know if he dies, humanity would become very vulnerable since astronomican would go out plus with the amount of stream of psykers being sacrificed to feed him I don't think we are going to see his death any time soon.
Yeah, he is going to be here for a while.

Back