Video Games made into movies?

So, how do many of you feel about video games being made into movies. Do you think it would be better if video games would stay in their own realm? Personally, I think it would be best since most video game based movies have poor acting, plot and just don't stay true enough to the original franchise.

Lara Croft and the NFS are known one. There is also silent hill and few other games which had TV and movie remakes. It was not that bad though. It's a good thing to have movies.

Well historically this has not really gone so well, and I am curious to see what this Rampage movie looks like. That said, the games these days do seem more ripe for better movies, so I could be wrong here in a few years.

I think video games staying on their own lane is a great idea, cause I just saw the new battlefield movie and it sucked, like really suck.

I don't see any problem if a video game can be made into a movie. It gives easy time for those fans who can not play the game to just watch it at their comfort.

Assassin's Creed, I think, already has 2 movies. Both of them rated very low. Why can't any movie company make a decent film from a game? The game devs can manage to make great cinematics and story though.

I don't think they should ever make another movie based on a game, like ever. Cause they almost always end up messing everything up. They should just stop!

I didn't play the video game though, and the only scene that I remember from the movie was the x-rated part, lol! It seems uncalled for for the movie.

Back