Hopes for 8th?

Terry1

So we've seen a few things about it, but what are you hoping for with 8th edition? This can be anything from rules sets, QoL changes or community engagement.

For me, I want a cheaper rulebook that I can just walk into my GW store on drop day and just pick up for under $50. I'm also hoping for a good set of codex drops day 1 as well, I'd hate to see any of my buddies unsure because they don't have a codex yet.

All templates should have some forms of the torrent rule, would fix it so fast. Give regular flamers torrent 3" and now you can be a rank back and "pop out" 3 inches to flame. This would also fix transports with flamers on top Needing to basically be on top of a unit

So we've seen a few things about it, but what are you hoping for with 8th edition? This can be anything from rules sets, QoL changes or community engagement.

For me, I want a cheaper rulebook that I can just walk into my GW store on drop day and just pick up for under $50. I'm also hoping for a good set of codex drops day 1 as well, I'd hate to see any of my buddies unsure because they don't have a codex yet.

While I'm sure that we would all like to be able to walk in the store and pic up a rulebook for less than $50, no matter how many changes we are going to see and want, that unfortunately isn't going to be one of them I would have thought. At the end of the day we ARE going to see a lot of changes, some what we want, some that are needed but when it comes to this aspect of the game, I think we are going to have to accept that $50 will be the minimum we can expect to pay.

That is pretty crazy that it is the 8th edition, and I am not really expecting anything great, but I would also say that this is a good thing. Under 50 would be nice too.

As holmes22 i'm not getting my hopes up just so i can be disappointed when it comes out, and only a few additions or changes have been applied. Overall the price is reasonable.

I sure do like the tournaments sometimes but with Sigmar all one needs is the app, and the basic rules are free. I think GW might actually follow suit for 40k, and then people can dip their toes in for a reasonable cost of just models, which with starter sets is actually reasonable :)

Templates are neat to use, but also (mainly with barrages) get very annoying, most especially trying to scatter it properly and agreeing on an arrow direction. I like the idea of covering units to see how many get hit, but the scatter dice kinda sucks.

I think a movement stat will be welcome. While sort of silly from a 'realistic' perspective, I hope random charge range stays. Hopefully charging from any transport will be possible though, with certain mitigating factors depending on the transport or speed it went. And Kharn should be able to launch himself from a Cannon of Khorne from across the table!

I'd expect some major developments for the next game in the series, maybe not because the game needs it, just because after all this time they will have to try and inject something new to keep people interested.

Getting a series of games up to an 8th release is an achievement in itself, but to continue to attract the same success moving forward, people are going to want changes and that can sometimes be the hardest thing for a game developer to achieve. Changes but not just for the sake of it.

if you do changes just for the sake of it, I can safely assume that we can all think of games where this happened and it turned out to be a disaster. So yes, let us hope this is not the case here.

Those are some great suggestions, but even if we don't get that now with the 8th Ed, I'm sure with the next release we'll see some of those improvements.

I am very curious about the release of 8th edition.It would be definitely available with new and amazing facilities and points.There would be definitely many improvements in this edition.Everyone is expecting a cheaper rulebook to enjoy this more and more.

I'd expect some major developments for the next game in the series, maybe not because the game needs it, just because after all this time they will have to try and inject something new to keep people interested.

Getting a series of games up to an 8th release is an achievement in itself, but to continue to attract the same success moving forward, people are going to want changes and that can sometimes be the hardest thing for a game developer to achieve. Changes but not just for the sake of it.
Too bad exactly this happened. GW is clearly afraid of changing too much after the backlash they received with AoS (well that, and they also just want to milk the playerbase for as long as possible ).

Too bad exactly this happened. GW is clearly afraid of changing too much after the backlash they received with AoS (well that, and they also just want to milk the playerbase for as long as possible ).
Unfortunately if they can't take a chance, it will suck

Back