Total War: Warhammer II Talk Making The Game

Todd Black

Administrator
cover.jpg

How did the team behind Total War: Warhammer II make everything work? How did they get the engine to handle such massive battles?

A lot goes into a video game, and more and more effort is put in when it comes to massive games like Total War: Warhammer II. A game that has multiple playable races, battles of epic scope, and much more. Some of the team talked with Gamasutra and noted what it was like making the game:

“So much extra effort went into the development of Warhammer II,” Al Bickham said, “with attendant changes in so many areas. The databases and codebases for both games had diverged to the point where merging content from one branch to the other caused us a great deal of errors.”

“There’s quite a number of techniques we employ, often with bespoke approaches to cater for different situations," says Scott Pikethly. "Some solutions are based on animation-set choices for example; we may author – or choose to cull – specific animation-sets for units fighting atop, say, a castle wall, in order to avoid weird-looking situations or extreme movements which would otherwise be fine on open ground. We may then capitalize on certain situations by authoring matched fighting animations between specific entities.”

For the full interview, click here.

I loved the graphics works and locations. The " Total War Warhammer " shows the efforts of developers that they put in it. I think it is the best title of Warhammer ever. I m a big fan of it. I will soon buy this title as I never missed any update from them.

This is all great, but they really need to put more effort into making good a.i. It may have come a long way since the earlier CA titles such as Medieval 2, but it still acts very stupid in certain situations, and hardly ever manages to outsmart a decent player.

It is always nice to hear or see the work that goes into the games we love. It gives me a little extra appreciation for it, but at the same time always curious to see more and more improvements.

The Creative Assembly is undoubtedly very talented as we can see from the first Total War Warhammer which was a massive success. I love how we get a new story in Total War Warhammer II as we don't see a continuation of the first one and this was very interesting.

The Creative Assembly is undoubtedly very talented as we can see from the first Total War Warhammer which was a massive success. I love how we get a new story in Total War Warhammer II as we don't see a continuation of the first one and this was very interesting.

They undoubtably have got the best storyline and game play right now.

This article just goes to show how motivated the developers and designers are in creating this game. I love game companies that really show efforts and passion when creating games. They don't just do it for the money but for the gamers who support them.

I hope all game companies are like this. Yes, I'm looking at you EA.

I think the dev community seems to be active. And they seem to be having more plans the gaming house it self. So it seems like they are going to extend this where they can as much as possible.

I think the dev community seems to be active. And they seem to be having more plans the gaming house it self. So it seems like they are going to extend this where they can as much as possible.
I know they have been doing a good job but we should not give them too much praise. 'Mgema akisifiwa, tembo hulitia maji' isa swahili proverb which basically means, the drunkard's is consumed by the palmwine tapper.

I know they have been doing a good job but we should not give them too much praise. 'Mgema akisifiwa, tembo hulitia maji' isa swahili proverb which basically means, the drunkard's is consumed by the palmwine tapper.
This is so true, they better not give in to pride otherwise we will start getting crappy staff.

These guys have been developing games for 20 years. I don't think they will start giving into anything now.

Back