How exactly do Battle Trait, Command Trait, Command Abilities, and Artefacts work

AlexZ

Hello everyone, I narrowed down the army I would like to start collecting, it is the Beastclaw Raiders. I still have a few questions about the rules particularly about the Battle Trait, Command Trait, Command Abilities , and Artefacts I can choose per my army.

There are abilities exclusive to Beastclaw raiders and abilities available to the Destruction alliance, can you mix and match these? Its all sort of confusing the wording wasn't very helpful regarding how many of these I can have and how many I can use per Hero Phase.

Command abilities are always only once per hero phase and only from your general unless you have an ability or item or something else that lets you use a second one or lets another Hero use their ability

I believe that battle traits command traits and artifacts you are allowed to choose. if you have a pure Beast claw Army you can choose the Beast claw specific traits and artifacts but if you have anything else which is not the Beast claw keyword you must choose from your Grand Alliance instead.

I believe, but I am not 100% certain, that you may always opt for the Grand Alliance option instead of subfaction specific one if you desire but I believe the choice is All or Nothing so for example you could not pick a beast claw artifact with the Grand Alliance trait even if you had a pure Beast claw Force

Sometimes all of the details are a little overwhelming, and might be a part of my tendency to shy away until I really know I have a hold of something.

I hear you, it is all a bit confusing at first glance, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. This game has had quite the long learning curve for me compared to a lot of other games that I learned how to play from scratch.

Yeah, but sometimes that learning curve has a limit for me, and if it is too much I alsmost just go to default and play for the fun of it, but I cannot speak for this one particularly.

Yeah, but sometimes that learning curve has a limit for me, and if it is too much I alsmost just go to default and play for the fun of it, but I cannot speak for this one particularly.
I agree, sometimes that play style requires a lot of focus and can be tiring.

Command abilities are always only once per hero phase and only from your general unless you have an ability or item or something else that lets you use a second one or lets another Hero use their ability

I believe that battle traits command traits and artifacts you are allowed to choose. if you have a pure Beast claw Army you can choose the Beast claw specific traits and artifacts but if you have anything else which is not the Beast claw keyword you must choose from your Grand Alliance instead.
I agree.

There are abilities exclusive to Beastclaw raiders and abilities available to the Destruction alliance, can you mix and match these? Its all sort of confusing the wording wasn't very helpful regarding how many of these I can have and how many I can use per Hero Phase.
Definitely.

Back