DC or Marvel Comic books

Which two do you prefer to read in comics and why? I haven't read much comics recently but I am currently more interested in the Marvel franchise.

I think DC comics are lot better. They seem to be having less SJW stuff. And in case of the Marvel, there are more SJW content. And it may drive you away from the comics. So better to go with DC and other comic houses which don't publish much of SJW content.

I'm more of a DC guy since they were easier to find in Romania when I was a kid and I'm kind of more attached to their superheroes but I don't mind Marvel either.

I am not the biggest comic fan but for whatever reason the Marvel ones feel a lot more defined and familiar, at least to me. Maybe that just means I should give the DC ones another try though.

I think DC comics are lot better. They seem to be having less SJW stuff. And in case of the Marvel, there are more SJW content. And it may drive you away from the comics. So better to go with DC and other comic houses which don't publish much of SJW content.

Really? I didn't know that Marvel really included such stuff that often. Can you give some examples, just as a heads up?

I do like both the Marvel and DC comic book characters a lot -including the Hulk and also as a kid I had a Captain Action figure and Thor was one I liked as well. I also liked Aqua Man and Batman with the DC comics and grew up watching it (batman)back in the late 60s growing up as a kid-so I am split between both these comic book companies as which is my favorite though. The Green Hornet with Bruce Lee was another comic -come to life on TV from 66-67 that I liked to watch but that was a different comic book company I think?

I do like both the Marvel and DC comic book characters a lot -including the Hulk and also as a kid I had a Captain Action figure and Thor was one I liked as well. I also liked Aqua Man and Batman with the DC comics and grew up watching it (batman)back in the late 60s growing up as a kid-so I am split between both these comic book companies as which is my favorite though. The Green Hornet with Bruce Lee was another comic -come to life on TV from 66-67 that I liked to watch but that was a different comic book company I think?

I think the comic book company of that would be [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamite_Entertainment']Dynamite Entertainment.[/URL]

I'm not really particular if it's made by Marvel or DC, what matters most is the storyline. I particularly like X- Men, but I don't even know if it's from Marvel or DC.

@Arrowbite97, Are you familiar with the X-Men cartoon version that aired around 1993? I know you weren't even born yet that time, but it was better than the more recent X-Men cartoons.

I see. I saw the illustrations in Wikipedia for the anime version, and it didn't appeal to me too, since it originated in the US, so changing it to be more Asian-like does not sit well with me.

Last edited:
I'm not into graphic novels but I prefer Marvel stuff just because I've watched a lot of their movies and Tv shows.

I preferred reading Marvel Comics though I love them both. The reason why I preferred Marvel is because my favorite character is from Marvel.

Back