Almost un-killable choas lord on mount?

JimGoodman

Working on a tournament list for this summer and was wondering if you could make a chaos lord on demonic mount brutally tanky by taking mark of tzeentch, paradoxical shield and boosted with ocular visions.

Two plus save with a re-roll of successful saves but then re rolling ones?? And a 5 up mortal wound save via the shield.

Does this combo work? The rest of my list is bellow please let me know if you think this would be a viable tourney list!

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders

Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140) - Trait: Soul Burn - Artifact: Paradoxical Shield

Chaos Sorcerer Lord On Manticore (240) - Artefact: Timeslip Pendant

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140) - Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

Battleline

5 x Chaos Knights (200) - Chaos Glaives

5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (100) - Javelin & Shield

5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (100) - Javelin & Shield - Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

5 x Chaos Knights (200) - Chaos Glaives

Units

2 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (200)

1 x Chaos Spawn (60)

Battalions Fatesworn Warband (120)

Total: 1500/2000

I recently played a game where someone used an Exalted Hero of Chaos with that build, had the paradoxical shield and the illusionary one that gives -1 to shooting attacks against him. I walked my warden king up to him and killed him in a single round. That being said he had -3 rend, so in my opinion the paradoxical shield is really good vs no rend and -1 rend attacks, which are the most common. Once you get -2 or better it swings in the other direction HARD.

But then you would have sorcerer scum in your army. I say give him a mark of Khorne. You might not win, but then on the other hand Khorne cares not from where the blood flows, only that it does.

I recently played a game where someone used an Exalted Hero of Chaos with that build, had the paradoxical shield and the illusionary one that gives -1 to shooting attacks against him. I walked my warden king up to him and killed him in a single round. That being said he had -3 rend, so in my opinion the paradoxical shield is really good vs no rend and -1 rend attacks, which are the most common. Once you get -2 or better it swings in the other direction HARD.
That warden king is a beast. -3 rend is no joke, not sure there is a lot out there that can stand up to that.

I rather ageee with AlexZ, but presuming one is lured by the taint of magic I think that's a pretty solid army. True little can stand up to Rend-3 but timing charges can help mitigate that. Dont forget if you have a Slaves to Darkness battalion that all have the Tzeentch keyword then the whole battalion gets the keyword itself. That could make for some interesting synergy perhaps. Also use Galrauch if you have him. He's Tzeentch and awesome! Just not slaves to darkness or mortal.

To confront a super rendy guy Belakor is a good option. Of course he's not Tzeentchy, just shadowy.

When I first started playing I was pretty convinced that most of the people on the mounts and things like that were unable to be killed. I guess it is one of those things you just have to learn the particulars about.

Back