Space marines tiers at this stage?

AlexZ

Howdy,

I aint much into competitive play but I was wondering what are the best current SM chapters in the current meta.

For what i know so far it would go as follows:

Ultramarines

Iron Hands

Dark Angels

White Scars

Imperial Fists

Raven Guard

Blood Angels

Space Wolves

Black Templars

Salamanders

What do you guys think?

I personally play BA and they are quite weak imo bc melee based and no access to a lot of shooty options. Tried an Ultramarine Battle Company yesterday and shooting is absurd + free razorbacks/pods...

Iron Hands and their free FNP + IWND tanks/characters + free Power of the machine spirit on all vehicles make them super durable and annoying to deal with. Oh and stupid bike command squad with 2+ FNP Chapter Master w/Gorgons Chain...

Concerning DA, Ravenwing seem to be their strongest army lists because of grav guns and rerollable jinks with 5+ snap shots.

Dunno much about SW but melee based Marines is usually subpar in my experience.

Dont know much about Raven Guard either!

Dont underestimate combat doctrines. Being able to reroll nearly all to hits with a Gladius Strike Force (with Battle Demi + Gladius + Ultramarines you have a total of 5 doctrines in one game, 2 of which you can choose) is insane as all your shooting is nearly twin linked whenever it matters the most. It is stronger than Imperial Fists as you get to reroll other stuff than solely bolters. You can really focus fire super easily and wipe entire blobs in a single turn.

Concerning Salamanders, I think they are the weakest because being able to fire stronger flamers and/or meltas has limited use and you will lack flexibility. What do you have against tough elites like Necron Wraiths or Flyers? Cant Ultramarine doctrine'd tacticals do the same job as your Salamanders tacticals? Really unconvinced by this chapte

Back