Returning Player - Ex SCast now looking at Fyreslayers, any advice?

AlexZ

Hey all,

I used to play Stormcast (only had a handful of games) but just wasnt getting games in so put it on the backburner. Now I'm looking at starting up again with Dwarves.

I'm planning on buying my initial army next month (Fyreslayers) and supplementing them with air support from the new Overlords army.

I realise that fyreslayers don't really work all too well as a solo fatcion and are more of a support faction but I'm not playing on a competetive level and really just going for aesthetics. That being said I still don't want to get mullered every game I play.

What is a good starting point?

Right now I'm looking at Magma rider as an HQ, Grimwrath beserker and 20-30 battleline guys with throwing axes. Possibly the Rune guy that tunnels.

Budget is around £150-200

Scrollbuilder should have an option to list build for GHB 2.0. It'll have the new points for Fyreslayers and whatever else has been announced.

If that is your budget I would hold off on the Magmadroth as the kit costs 130$CAN(for me anyways) but the kit comes with the Magmadroth plus the Runefather Runeson and Runesmiter as both riders and single heros.

A grimwrath beserker and some battleline troops will be a good start I think

If that is your budget I would hold off on the Magmadroth as the kit costs 130$CAN(for me anyways) but the kit comes with the Magmadroth plus the Runefather Runeson and Runesmiter as both riders and single heros.

A grimwrath beserker and some battleline troops will be a good start I think
The magmadroth is £52 here so wasn't too big a hit

The Runesmiter on foot has the magma tunneling, it is not essential, with the GH 2.0 Fyreslayers are getting a huge drop in point cost. The biggest thing was that because of the lower then average movement they were vulnerable to shooting. Thus noncompetitive but when you can put more models on the table it will go a lot smoother. Besides if you have a smart list, them getting shot might not be a bad thing.

Back