Primarch's Return

AlexZ

What do you guys think of the return of Guilliman? Do you think we will see any other Primarchs? Or is ths a one time thing?

I'm pretty positive about the whole thing and I'm curious to see what other factions are going to get as balance. Rowboat Girlyman is the best choice for first back on the loyalist side like the designers said in interviews. Others will show up eventually. I'd guess it's 4 on each side by the end of our "not the End Times". 4 Daemon primarchs, one for each god and then 4 loyalist ones. Probably Russ, El'johnson, and Vulkan.

Without wanting to drop spoilers. The event that occurs at the end of the rise of the primarch book bears a strong resemblance to the events of the great crusade. It would be a fine piece of storytelling to "discover" the other surviving loyalist sons, much as the emperor first found them.

I don't mind the return of Guiliman, Imperium really needs him at this point, and it finally advanced the story even if by a little bit.

There was a rumor at one time of a loyalist primarch becoming a traitor and a traitorous one returning to the emperors light, but AFAIK nothing ever came of it. It's kind of a shame, I thought that would be interesting but I'm not sure how they would pull it off since most heretic primarchs are either dead or became demon princes.

Without wanting to drop spoilers. The event that occurs at the end of the rise of the primarch book bears a strong resemblance to the events of the great crusade. It would be a fine piece of storytelling to "discover" the other surviving loyalist sons, much as the emperor first found them.
I just can't wait, hard to avoid spoilers

It's good to see Roboute Guilliman return. These Primarchs in Warhammer 40k total 20 in number they say, but only 18 are known and two remain mysterious and unknown- but they are needed to command the future Legions of Space Marines.
848586115101670_1789511904630536_4009342259894943744_n.jpg

Lore wise, the two mysterious primarchs are most likely already dead - having been "purged" for either committing heresy before the Horus heresy events, or they refused to follow the emperor in some way and were executed.

However, in the real world I think it was simply done by GW to allow people to create their own chapters with their own backstory, and still be lore friendly.

Wait, the Primarch is returning?! I'll have to do more research on this because this is news to me. I wonder if it will be a new Primarch/Primarchs or resurrection of one of the previous ones. I wonder if they will get new powers?

Back