Nurgle & Skaven Pestilens?

JimGoodman

Hey guys, Didn't have much luck on my Khorne Bloodbound post, but I've fingers crossed for this one.
I've gotten the opportunity to buy a Virulent Horde box, and I'd love to create an army with both Clan Pestilens and Nurgle forces (Rotbringers and Daemons both).
The setup would probably start out with a mix of Virulent Horde:
1x Verminlord Corruptor (240)
1x Plague Priest with Plague Censer (80)
1x Plague Furnace (220)
1x Plagueclaw (180)
5x Plague Censer Bearers (60)
20x Plague Monks (140)
920 points
And Start Collecting! Daemons of Nurgle:
1x Herald of Nurgle (100)
3x Nurglings (80)
3x Plague Drones of Nurgle (220)
10x Plaguebearers of Nurgle (100)
500 points

From what I've come to understand, Nurgle and Pestilens have great synergy due to the whole poison/plague thing they have going on, but as someone who's completely new to AoS and list building, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Battlelines (I have no idea how they work), Battalions, which allegiance should I roll with? Who should be general? What should I add next? Is this even a decent idea?

As for battlelines, plague monks lose their ability to count as your battle line as soon as you take any model without Pestilens keyword on the bottom of their warscroll. Because of this you may need to do some shifting around to make room for more plaguebearers. (They are battle line no matter what) between pestilens, daemons of nurgle and nurgle rbs they are your only choice for a mixed chaos army.

Because you have mixed factions your allegiance will just be chaos, which is perfectly fine. The biggest losers for picking general grand alliance as their allegiance would be factions that have had battletomes released that contain special rules and bonuses for faction allegiance. For example stormcast and beastclaws.

Back