Current vs Outdated battletome formats

Robert2D

I've recently gotten the Disciples of Tzeentch and Kharadon Overloads battletomes, and plan on getting the newest Khorne battletome. So, with that in mind, obviously we are already in the second generation of Battletomes: Bloudbound has been replaced by Blades of Blood, the Grand Alliance battletomes are seemingly being phased out, and supposedly the 2 original Stormcast ones have been replaced by a single book as well.
So now for my actual question:

Is the Seraphon book in the current generation of battletomes, or the former? In other words, should I wait for a newer version or is it comparable to the most recent releases? And while we're at it, is there a comprehensive list of which Battletomes fall under which generation?

What would be REALLY great is if they added stuff like allegiance abilities, command traits, artifacts and spells/prayers for the early factions to the General's Handbook 2. It wouldn't even take that much space, depending on formatting you could probably squeeze that stuff into 3-4 pages per faction,

so if you did it for the factions that have old style battletomes (seraphon, fyreslayers, flesh eater courts, ironjawz...am I missing any?) you are looking at less than 20 pages.

I am not sure that I know the answer to the question here, but I like the thinking about the possibilities of the best of both worlds here.

Back