Hello guys, I've been recently thinking of starting collecting

AlexZ

Hello guys, I've been recently thinking of starting collecting/painting/playing warhammer 40k. None of my friends play however and to be honest I feel lost. Obviously people are going to tell me to start low and slowly build, play whatever you like etc. There is one single problem: I have no idea where to start. What bundle/pack should I start with? How do I know what paints to buy? If I know the paints I need, how do I know the quantity I have is enough? Is it worth going for the new edition box? Should I go for some 'Start Collecting' bundles? I know this is an expensive hobby, what starting budget should I expect?

I know these are many questions, probably asked by the majority of newer players. I would really appreciate some basic help however since I consider these would be easily answered by an experienced player.

Thanks for your Time, please enlighten me with your answers!

Edit: I am familiar to some extent with the in-game mechanics and required templates/die etc

I don't know about a starting budget but I do know that you can dip your toe and start collecting 40K even if you don't want to spend a lot of money. I just saw an article about the Warhammer 40K legends collection and I am in love.

I was hoping to find more answers here because I'm also interested in starting a collection. I read an article online where someone was showing off their Warhammer 40K collection and it got me interested.

I would say that it does not really matter if anyone else that you knows plays, but of course it is nice to talk with some people. Maybe they will just have to catch on.

Or you could find other like-minded individuals in places like this forum even if you don't have friends who play. Maybe make new ones? Either way, I don't think that it should take away from your enjoyment of the game.

I suppose this is as good a place as any to start that search. I'm going to read through the threads here and see which others I have this in comon with. Thanks for the idea.

I was searching through the forum and I didn't come across a thread where anyone has started a collection so maybe you should do that and see if others are interested in joining you.

I have been looking into this game and how to get started as well,and they say you should start with one of the collector boxes-and they had them on Amazon -also they give you these models at a great discount this way(buying the box sets). It would be interesting to build some of these futuristic models though !

Back