8th Edition Controversy

Robert2D

Everyone is swapping armies left and right because of the changes. The meta has certainly changed, that's absolutely true. I play Ad Mech, and they seem to have been neutered.

But you know what? Fuck it. I'm going to stick with them because I still think they're cool.

I fell into the trap in 7th of not using things because they weren't "good." Fuck that. That's nonsense. Not shelving my army just because it's not as good as it used to be. When I started playing AoS, I chose an army I liked the look and flavor of, not the one that was strongest.

That brought me more enjoyment than I ever had prior in this game.

So, in conclusion;

Saddle up motherfuckers because you're about to see a lot more of my ad mech around.

Well I just like seeing things like the 8th edition in a lot of areas, especially when they relate to the games that I like. Controversy is never that great though.

Sometimes it's hard to see the entire picture while you're still trying to adjust to the new rules. I say that in time everyone will start to find new things to appreciate in 8th Ed.

I'm not sure I got all of that, but I do understsand that sometimes with changes comes a lot of resistance, but I think this will eventually work itself out as it always has.

Yes that is true, anytime you change anything you can really expect some people to take it as a sort of personal thing. I guess you just have to hope that everyone can adapt and move on.

Well, the rule these days is adapt or die. Things are changing so fast and it's never going to be possible to please everyone at all times especially when it comes to things like these 8th Ed games.

I do like the approach of letting things remain the same despite all the chaos and the changes that has everyone else scrambling. Maybe that will end up being the best strategy.

Back