Suggestions

FergusMacLeod

So I've been thinking about starting playing warhammer, since I never tried it out. So if you would like to fill me in the stuff I need to know about the game before I start playing it, it would be great. Is there anything in particular that I need to know or which one to play first and all, should I skip any game?

If you don't like assembling and painting models i recommend playing X-Wing or Star Trek Attack Wing. But if you're good with handiwork and modeling welcome to Warhammer!

Next you can choose if you like more of a fantasy medieval style setting or more futuristic sci-fi style and setting. If the former go Agenof Sigmar, if the latter go 40k. Or if you like daemonic monsters of all sizes get daemon models and you can play both games!

I've played 40k 8th edition now and it's much more fun now, just slightly more complex in rules than Age of Sigmar, though similar. Both games need a good size table and some terrain features to make it look interesting, but I've had fun playing with snacks , sodas, and knickknacks as terrain too.

The starter box sets with one army vs another are very good deals. Dark imperium or the Sigmar elves vs skaven both excellent for you and a friend to begin. The start collecting army boxes also make for dashboard collecting.

Overall if you like the models first, then story setting second, you will
pRObably like the gaming. I've tried other games and just didn't like the story lines or look of the models enough, so playing the game was not immersive for me, especially with those rulesets too. Also warhammmer models can be highly customized and be legal in the rules to play with, but I'm a modeler so I enjoy that aspect very much.

That's some pretty good advice. I love all aspects of the Warhammer game and although I am still confused about parts of it, I know in time it will all become easy. I think 40K 8th edition is a great recommendation.

Thank you for the recommendations guys. I like both medieval and sci-fi styles but I am not sure which one I like more, I guess sci-fi a bit more. So I'll go for the 40k for starters.

Always remember to read the rule book, as I've neglected that back then and it just gave me the worst start not knowing what to do. Remember that the game involves a lot of reading, but trust me it's good, at first you may find yourself looking at the rule book and codex more than actually playing the game, but once you get the hang of it it's all uphill from there.

I think that's really great advice. I do know that the reading part puts off a lot of people but you're right, once you get the hang of it it gets super easy to play Warhammer.

I think I would just like to take my time with these models and just enjoy building and painting them. One of the warhammer miniatures, I was looking at was called lizardmen-Stegadon and this giant monster tramples everything in its path,while the riders shoot arrows. I think building and painting these figures would be more up my alley though- than playing them .

Yeah if you like the more sci-fi it would be better to start with the 40k, but make sure you get back to the original at some point. I am guessing that it will make you want to anyways, though.

Yeah if you like the more sci-fi it would be better to start with the 40k, but make sure you get back to the original at some point. I am guessing that it will make you want to anyways, though.
I never looked at it that way, quite interesting.

Back