Best kind of super glue for minis?

Terry1

I've been thinking of switching over to super glue from plastic glue for piecing together all of my sub assemblies. I like the plastic glue just find for most stuff but I ran into an issue where I ruined the paint job on my Guilliman's shoulder with it.

What's the best brand for this? Looking for something that's not extremely expensive but easy to apply. Ordering online for preference. GW super glue burned me pretty bad with one box containing three (three!) tubes that were duds.

I use Loctite Liquid or Loctite Gel (regular), depending on the size of the bits I want to connect. I haven't tried "powerflex control" yet. What makes it different from their regular gel?

I don't know if it's available in your country, but usually I just use Mighty Bond. I've tried it on mien and it didn't really ruin the paint job when I took it off, it was kinda of hard to take it off however because it's really strong. Also you have to apply quick since it dries out really fast, nicely transparent though.

I hate when that happens with super glue where you find a lot of them got nothing inside or it's all dried up! I think your best bet for piecing together all your sub assemblies is the loctite liquid or the gel as AlexZ said.

I have heard of Might Bond, but I am not sure of it outside of just the name, which stuck with me for whatever reason. I was unaware there were so many choices out there, though.

Most people recommend Testors Model Glue for these Warhammer miniatures unless they want to tear them apart later-then they say to use super glue. I used this glue on my Revell models as a kid- I remember though,so I would have to go with Testors for sentimental reasons as well because I used it when growing up.

Tamiya Contact Cement will last probably 100x longer than any other product for a $5 pot because it gets applied incredibly thinly with a brush in the cap.

Back