Why do the Dark Eldar go on slaves raids? Why not just grow slaves?

serbog

I read somewhere that the Dark Eldar use pods to resurrect themselves, effectively defeating death. With all this advanced technology is it such a stretch to believe they could create their own life forms to inflict pain upon? Could they not all grow a population of sentient, highly sensitive, intelligent life forms that would be used to sate their hunger for suffering? Or is it just more fun for them to go on raids?

I read somewhere that the Dark Eldar use pods to resurrect themselves, effectively defeating death. With all this advanced technology is it such a stretch to believe they could create their own life forms to inflict pain upon? Could they not all grow a population of sentient, highly sensitive, intelligent life forms that would be used to sate their hunger for suffering? Or is it just more fun for them to go on raids?
The answer is this. They love to hunt and terrorize, and it hones their warrior skills.
Though I'm not sure they are even capable of creating an intelligent life form, despite their advanced technology.

The answer is this. They love to hunt and terrorize, and it hones their warrior skills.
Though I'm not sure they are even capable of creating an intelligent life form, despite their advanced technology.
Well yeah going on raids might be more fun than just staying and growing your own stuff. Even if they grow their own stuff, they might still go on raids just for the sake of it.

Warriors usually don't have much harvesting plans. Those are the plans with kingdom type warriors. Usual savage usually raid and terrorize. That's how it was in our history too.

Well yeah going on raids might be more fun than just staying and growing your own stuff. Even if they grow their own stuff, they might still go on raids just for the sake of it.
Yeah, that's what I was saying. Dark Eldar enjoy hunting as much as they enjoy torturing. Not to mention that by hunting, they often capture strong individuals that they then force to fight in their arenas.

Back