Can anyone tell me more about Vermintide 2?

Back in March, a new Warhammer game was released for PC called Warhammer Vermintide 2. I haven't really gotten much information about the game or seen much reviews about it so I am not sure if it is worth buying or not. Could someone who has purchased the game tell me about the gameplay, plot etc. and in your opinion, tell me if it was a good purchase.

It's an first person action RPG set in the Warhammer fantasy universe (not 40k). There are five different characters to choose, each with different skills. There are 13 missions, and after you complete each one, you get random loot as a reward. The game is meant to be played in co-op, but you can also play single player with bots (not recommended, though).
Does that help ?

It's an first person action RPG set in the Warhammer fantasy universe (not 40k). There are five different characters to choose, each with different skills. There are 13 missions, and after you complete each one, you get random loot as a reward. The game is meant to be played in co-op, but you can also play single player with bots (not recommended, though).
Does that help ?
Somewhat but I still want to know if it would be worth purchasing or not? What are its strengths and weaknesses? Does it have replay value?

It's a good game, so if you have friends to play with, then I think it's worth buying. Don't bother with bots. As for replay value, it really depends on you and how much you end up liking the game if you buy it. There is a finite number of maps, and they never change, they aren't randomly generated or anything - but there are random elements in the gameplay. It's sort of like Left4Dead, if you ever played that.

It's a good game, so if you have friends to play with, then I think it's worth buying. Don't bother with bots. As for replay value, it really depends on you and how much you end up liking the game if you buy it. There is a finite number of maps, and they never change, they aren't randomly generated or anything - but there are random elements in the gameplay. It's sort of like Left4Dead, if you ever played that.
I do have friends but I'm not sure they'd be as interested in a Warhammer game as I am. I'll definitely have to do some thinking before I decide to purchase this game ot not. Thanks for the information.

They don't have to necessarily be into Warhammer universe and lore to enjoy the game. In fact, considering just how much the game sold, I'm sure most players aren't.
And you're welcome.

They don't have to necessarily be into Warhammer universe and lore to enjoy the game. In fact, considering just how much the game sold, I'm sure most players aren't.
And you're welcome.
I guess I will discuss this with my friends and see if they will be interested in this game.

A few people complained about the game's looting system. It is a game with looting but no loot boxes. Some say it is like a DOOM remake. Nevertheless, this is an excellent game for $30, a steal indeed.

This Warhammer Vermintide 2 game is set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe during the early days of the End Times, an apocalyptic event that ended in destruction of the Warhammer World. This Warhammer Vemintide 2 game gives you and your co-op team a lot of ways, in which to kill your enemies, and these ways are punchy, and powerful, which makes it a whole lot of fun.

Back