The Best There's Ever Been?

I've just started playing around February this year and I'm loving it so far. I haven't played a game that feels medieval and futuristic at the same time and yet mix them both incredibly well that it feels refreshing to play. I don't get why we have mixed reviews for this on steam when its clearly better than what most people say.
Warhammer isn't for the casual player to just pick up and play per say. You have to do some research on the factions and the universe before you get into the game to truly have a grasp of the story.

Wow, I didn't know that Warhammer has been around that long. I'm just a newbie to the game.
Warhammer is a seriously under-rated franchise and I can understand why some people don't get into it. It is a game that requires some critical thinking skills(which is a rarity in today's world) and you have to have some knowledge of the lore.

I feel like it is under-rated overall but I also think at times it was appreciated and had some good PR behind it. But when you are around for so long I guess that is what happens.

It just depends on a person's personal preferences. Some like games that don't require you to think, me included, while some are drawn to games that require you to think, like strategy games.

Oh I meant to say "Battle Realms", not "Battlefield", lol. I wasn't able to play those 2 shooter games, it wouldn't run in our PC that time.

This Warhammer 40,000(Rogue Trader) game came out in 1987 and before that this same Games Workship company released a sword-and-sorcery themed wargame called Warhammer Fantasy Battle in 1983, which the first Warhammer 40,000 game(Rogue Trader)was based on.

Warhammer isn't for the casual player to just pick up and play per say. You have to do some research on the factions and the universe before you get into the game to truly have a grasp of the story.
I disagree. I went into Dawn of War not knowing anything of Warhammer or Warhammer universe and I still enjoyed it. If I actually read the books first there is I good chance I wouldn't have bothered, since many if not most are too poorly written for my taste.

Back