1500pts semi-competitive Space Wolves list

AlexZ

Have a tournament coming up and was wondering on what peoples thoughts are on this list. Ive played some friends with it and its gone well and in a 1000pt tournament not so long ago I basically ran a weaker version of this theme of army and did really well. Basically the idea is to roll a 4 or 5 on the Wulfen table for your wolf lord and/or the thunderwolf squad (gives them +3" to their move, run and charge movements) and then to run them up in your opponents face with a turn one charge (they can run and charge with deathpack) as well as having Bjorn there to assit. With all this pressure in their face, it allows the grey hunters and tanks to grab objectives easily and gives time for the footslogging wulfen to join the fight and finish off whats left. Thoughts?

COMBINED ARMS DETATCHMENT

HQ

Bjorn (220) (Drop Pod)

ELITES

Wulfen w/ 4x Storm Shields and Thunderhammers, and 1x Pack leader with dual Frost Claws (250)

TROOPS

5x Grey Hunters w/ Melee weapons and a Plasma Gun (95) (In Rhino)

5x Grey Hunters w/ Melee weapons and a Melta gun (90) (In Razorback)

FAST ATTACK

Drop Pod (35)

Rhino (35)

Razorback with Twin-Linked Lascannons and a storm bolter (80)

Why four long fangs if you only have three lascannons? And why bjorn? Sure add one to the sieze the initiative but Cortez lets you or make your opponent reroll the initiative and he only 100 saving 155 for him and his drop pod and what I have read most run blood claws over hunters that adds up to 175 points

Why four long fangs if you only have three lascannons? And why bjorn? Sure add one to the sieze the initiative but Cortez lets you or make your opponent reroll the initiative and he only 100 saving 155 for him and his drop pod and what I have read most run blood claws over hunters that adds up to 175 points
One Long Fang is a Long Fang Ancient which is required for the unit.

Back