Crimson Slaughter worth it?

JimGoodman

Crimson Slaughter worth it?
I have a lot of units I bought about a year ago around 2500 points worth if I fit them out. Do a lot of people play CS? and are they worth it? I love the lore behind them as the haunted space marine chapter so I figured I could get into it. What do you guys think about them in the field?

I find them unspectacular, but if you happen to like Chosen and Possessed, they have some fun stuff.

I'd say the main attraction is the relics. Access to Divination on an unmarked Sorcerer is pretty neat (no bogging down with Tzeentch powers) and the Daemonheart's not bad on a tanky Lord.

A CAD seems like the smart way to run them, with a Marked Chaos Lord to move Plague Marines or Noise Marines into Troops alongside the Possessed (giving you Fearless shooty ObSec and Fearless melee ObSec), a Divination Sorcerer since you can, and filling out with a Chosen squad (10 points for Preferred Enemy on these is pretty hawt) and some vehicle squadrons.

Most of the Formation options are available to the Crimson Slaughter (recommend grabbing a copy of Traitor's Hate if you can find it, the Knight rules are more use to you than the Legions if you're strictly playing CS). Standouts would be the Favoured of Chaos (yes, really - if you're going to take Possessed, the Crimson Slaughter's probably the force in which to take them, and I'm cheap for psychic Daemon Princes) and the Black Crusade (give Objective Secured to all your vanilla lads). That could be a fun little Detachment to try out if you didn't fancy a CAD

Back