Difficult to play the Wii at first

Did anyone have a tough time playing games on the Wii using the controls. I remember I had the hardest time doing it at first but over time I managed to be able to properly use the Wii controllers. Anyone had that experience?

It does take some getting used to, but after a little it it turns out to be well worth it. I was a little skeptical at first but it turned out to be one of my favorites.

I wouldn't go as far saying it's difficult but more like it takes time and patience to get used to.

I wouldn't go as far saying it's difficult but more like it takes time and patience to get used to.

True that, I actually tried at one point to see if I could use one of my gamecube controllers instead for one game. I forgot if it worked or not.

I haven't got the chance to play it often since the one I use isn't mine, but yeah, it takes some time to get used to.

Last edited:
It also made me think back to trying that Wii U for the first time. I remember thinking I would never even want to keep going, but sure enough I came around.

It also made me think back to trying that Wii U for the first time. I remember thinking I would never even want to keep going, but sure enough I came around.
I had a pretty hard time at the star as well, it can be confusing and difficult to get used to.

I think Wii games take some time to adjust. And you have to understand that some of the games have their own learning. So with Wii U you may find the same. You'd need few hours to get used to the games. So I think this console is worth that effort.

But it seems like the console never really became as popular as the PS 2 or 3. I guess because it's hard to control at first.

@jakub1, Upon checking, the games that I saw only cost $25 and below for the Wii, while the PS4 games cost as much as $75. So compared to PS4 games, Wii games are cheaper.

Last edited:
@jakub1, Upon checking, the games that I saw only cost $25 and below for the Wii, while the PS4 games cost as much as $75. So compared to PS4 games, Wii games are cheaper.
I guess i was wrong, which leaves us with the option of the console not being advertised enough.

Now that I've seen that 2nd hand Wii consoles are now so cheap, I am planning to buy my own console once I have spare money, since the price is quite low for 2nd hand ones.

Now that I've seen that 2nd hand Wii consoles are now so cheap, I am planning to buy my own console once I have spare money, since the price is quite low for 2nd hand ones.
But be careful when buying a 2nd hand one so you will not be scammed.

@walter12, Yes it is risky to buy 2nd hand items, but you can just test it when you meet up, or demand a refund via Paypal if you bought it online.

Last edited:
It was very difficult for me to use the controllers at first time.It was pretty hard experience for me to play a game using Wii at first time.I was totally helpless while playing my first game by using Wii.But in the end, I really enjoyed my first game playing on Wii.

It was very difficult for me to use the controllers at first time.It was pretty hard experience for me to play a game using Wii at first time.I was totally helpless while playing my first game by using Wii.But in the end, I really enjoyed my first game playing on Wii.
We all faced that problem, but overtime and with practice you'll get used to it

Back