Help Building A Strong But Casual Death List

JimGoodman

Hey AOS
I'm a relatively new AOS player who has a lot of death miniatures because I just turned 21. I really only play with my brother atm, and he has access to around 1400 points (once his army is painted and ready) and I'm trying to find a strong, but not cheesy list to fight against him because I don't like feeling overpowered
So far I have: Nagash Crypt Ghouls x30 1 abhorrent ghoul King (could build him on terrorgeist) 6 crypt flayers/horrors (not sure which to build) 1 Crypt Ghast Courtier 2 Morghast Achai/Harbingers (not sure which to build) 10 Skeleton Warriors 5 Black Knights 1 Necromancer 1 Wight King 1 Mortarch (Mannfred) 1 Varghulf Courtier
So that's what I have access to right now. I'm willing to buy more if I need to. I just want a 1400ish points list that will be fun but not cheesy.
Thanks AOS!

Honestly I doubt that any configuration of what you have listed there would be cheesy. The only thing I'd really avoid is Nagash, but that has little to do with power level (at least if you are using the matched play rules). It's more that if you are playing at the 1400-1500 point level, using a 900 point model is really restrictive.

You seem to have a lot of Flesh Eater units so I'd probably focus on that since they have a lot of synergy. If you are short on points add in the necromancer for the Vanhel's Danse Macabre spell. If you are still short on points, you could use the other units you have for summoning.

And going along with what swarmofseals said, I think in matched play the consensus is that Death is relatively under powered as a whole at the moment so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Back