Lore wise question.

serbog

Which Chaos space marine units could legitimately appear in a Thousand Sons army, and I don’t mean as an allied detachment, but as full-on Thousand Sons? There’s the obvious, Rubric Marines, Terminators (both sorcerers and Rubric flavours) and Lords/Champions and the like, but what about other units? Do you get Thousand Sons dreadnoughts? Hellbrutes? Raptors? Havocs?

If not, what happened to these elements of the original Thousand Sons legion? Did they splinter off and become part of other war bands? Destroyed utterly by Chaos? Or did the Sons never have these unit types to begin with?

I’m asking because I have a bunch of CSM models that I’m painting/building, as well as a chunk of Thousand Sons from back in 4th (I think) when Chaos armies could mix and match, and now I’m trying to decide what to build/paint as Thousand Sons, and what to do as something more generic, like Black Legion or Iron Warriors. I basically never play, so aim not bothered about it being right by the Codex, but more about that it’s right by the lore.

Well, since you are mostly concerned about lore...
I honestly don't remember the TS even having dreadnoughts pre-heresy ( they did obviously, but don't remember it being mentioned anywhere ). AFAIK Thousand Sons was never a big legion to begin with, and most of them did not survive the purging of Prospero. Most of the survivors are now Rubric Marines, with the exception of psykers. So no raptors or havocs pretty much.

Back