Romance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arrowbite97, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Arrowbite97

Arrowbite97 Member

Are you one of those people that think romance is overrated and a waste of time? Or do you believe that there is still great value in it and necessary in life?

2. holmes22

holmes22 Member

It is not overrated, but maybe it does not really get all the attention as it should. That is what it seems like, but maybe I am a hopeless romantic, as they say.

3. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I wouldn't say that's it's overrated, but the media, as well tv shows and movies gave it a bad intention.

4. Arrowbite97

Arrowbite97 Member

Yeah, have to agree with you there. Most movies and shows make it cheesy and cringe worthy.

5. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Indeed, and it has been quite overused lately.

6. holmes22

holmes22 Member

I bet that it is not as overused as the opposite, in the sense of the whole 'if it bleeds it leads' sort of news mentality. But yes, it is quite overused.

7. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Ii understand your point of view, milking an idea is just plain being boring and unimaginative.

8. Haroon

Haroon Member

I have never tried to know more about the importance of romance.There are many people in the world who consider it a necessary part of life.Some people think that romance has no more importance in life.I also think so that romance is just a madness and waste of time.

9. Arrowbite97

Arrowbite97 Member

I've seen people on both fences. Both have good points and both have bad ones.

10. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

Its probably a big deal between two people who are in a relationship or in love-because I really do not think their relationship will last to long without it. I would consult the french for romance tips though-because they are better than anybody at this kind of thing-and americans are rather boring at romance,I would say.

11. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

"There's no good story without romance." -Stephenie Meyer

12. overcast

overcast Member

Not a fan of corny stuff. Most of the romance movies are like that. And they don't seem to be adding much value into the entertainment. I personally think that people should be avoiding the drama. And watch something entertaining.

13. Arrowbite97

Arrowbite97 Member

I agree with you on that but most people seem to like the drama. To them it seems realistic.

14. dionnextherese

I do believe that romance is necessary in life. I'm not talking about just romantic relationship with your partner. There is also romance in our family and friends. Love makes us happy, and this is the reason why we want to move forward on our life even if there are a lot of storms and hurricanes coming on our life.

15. Arrowbite97

Arrowbite97 Member

That is true, romance can help build a family together and make events easier to get through. But there is a difference between love and romance, at least a couple.

16. overcast

overcast Member

Yes because our real life is not like that. We don't get love that easily. It's more or less give and take. And it can be something just remains the fantasy. And on that point we can see it's not always realistic.

17. Arrowbite97

Arrowbite97 Member

True, true. A lot of movies seem to be taking the romantic comedy and disney route of things, which many have seen in other films. It not only becomes more unrealistic but too constant.

18. Annejk18

Annejk18 Member

Some people like romance while others don't. I believe it depends on someone's philosophy in life. For me, Romance is okay. It gives sweet flavor. We don't want life to be so blunt anyway.

19. Arrowbite97

Arrowbite97 Member

Good point there, I'm starting to have mixed feelings on it.

20. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed Member

Just like what my boy Christian Grey used to say "I don't do romance." Love does exist, however not for long. I deem it impossible to stay in love for an extended period. I don't know. Love is complicated. If it happens to me, I'll let you guys know. Peace! Make love not war(craft)!