Starting AoS: Dark Elves

AlexZ

Hi guys,

Considering a small Dark Elf warband for small AoS or Skirmish games, and I'm a little confused.

The Dark Elf Warscroll PDF contains a bunch of units just listed out one by one.

The Generals Handbook 'Pitched Battle Profiles' shows some 'armies' which have various units in, but not all.

The Generals Handbook 'compendium' shows yet more values, but only for characters and bolt throwers.

I've tried using Scrollbuilder to help out, but I'm just flummoxed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey friend. Welcome to AoS! This question gets asked a lot, even specifically about Dark Elves, so you should search for older threads. However, the new way is super confusing, and the weirdness of the new way is not at all your fault, so I'll try to help :)
The "Dark Elf Compendium" is meant to let people with venerable Warhammer Fantasy collections keep playing Age of Sigmar. However, as the Old World blew up in the End Times, many models & units have been discontinued from production.

If you have old models, or find some on eBay or at garage sales, you'll find rules for them in the compendium PDF, and points in the "Compendium" tables of the General's Handbook (GHB), and that's great fun :D I have many old things I still use.

Back