What was the first Horror movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Arrowbite97, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Arrowbite97

Arrowbite97 Member

What was your very first Horror movie you ever saw. Mind was either Child's play or Gremlins (if that counts). I was around 6-8 when I saw these two films.

2. Athanas

Athanas Member

I do not actually recall it since I watched it when I was still very young. What I remember is that the main character was a cute lady who used to eat men's hearts. She pretended to be a prostitute.

3. Arrowbite97

Arrowbite97 Member

Wow, I got to say that sounds pretty terrifying to watch as a kid. Was the woman a vampire or monsters, or simply a psycho?

4. xyrene

xyrene Member

I actually forgot the 1st horror movie that I saw. I guess I would go for Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer, since that's what I can remember.

5. overcast

overcast Member

I recently saw the CAM version of the JIGSAW movie. And it was good. And there were some really good concept into it. I am sure there are some really good concept in it that may be worth watching. I can tell you there are not many good horror movies in that context.

6. holmes22

holmes22 Member

I am curious what the cam version is, but either way I have wanted to see that one. I am not a big fan of when they make ten of something, but for some reason this one feels a little different.

7. Arrowbite97

Arrowbite97 Member

I never even heard of the cam version of jigsaw but then again I never watched any of the jigsaw movies or got into the first one.

8. holmes22

holmes22 Member

I forgot to answer the question you had me thinking about Saw. I think it was the original Psycho for me and that one still creeps me out, in a different way though then the movies these days.

9. dionnextherese

I think the first movie I saw is Paranormal Activity. I can't remember which one because I was young back then.

10. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Member

The White Lady, I guess. It was a movie here in the Philippines.

11. overcast

overcast Member

If you are into horror then VHS series and the dark tapes are worth following. those two series are good. and they have decent scare.

12. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I never heard of them i'll check them out

13. fishbate

fishbate Member

I really don't remember, it maybe because i'm not into horror movies. But one movie i remember is Conjuring, i really don't recall any of the scenes because i'm too busy with my phone.

14. overcast

overcast Member

Yes do check it out on youtube. There seems to be full movies there as well.

15. Annejk18

Annejk18 Member

I can't recall or remember was the first really. But the once that I truely remember is The Ring. The Japanese movie that started the Asian Horror movies. I first saw that when I was 10 years old maybe.

16. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed Member

The first horror movie I watched on cinemas was "The Ring" the original version based on the novel of Koji Suzuki about a reporter who investigates a cursed videotape that kills anyone after a week. I was with my girlfriend at the time, and I couldn't be happier because her arms are wrapped around me the entire time.

17. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

Some big names in the horror movies lately have been Stephen King and John Carpenter, to name a few- but how about the older guys, like Alfred Hitchcock and Vincent Price, or even George A. Romero. I was to young to remember the first horror movie I watched, but it was probably "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock maybe.

18. killamch89

killamch89 Member

The first one I can remember is the Jason films and although some of the ways he executed his victims were a tad hilarious, Others had me shaken up for a while.

19. overcast

overcast Member

I think some new horror movies out there seem to be not that good but they do have good effects. I hope some come out with good story. that's the thing about it.

20. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Member

I see.