Why has there never been a proper 40k MMORPG?

serbog

Will we see it in the future?

I mean, its not for lack of story to tell. This franchise is huge.

Being able to choose a faction, chapter etc.. fighting huge battles on planets/in space.. it would be amazing.

I doubt it, but who knows.

Considering how big WH40K universe is, that likely would take an enormous amount of work ( and money ). If it then flopped, it would doom the dev team and possibly even the publisher.

I doubt it, but who knows.

Considering how big WH40K universe is, that likely would take an enormous amount of work ( and money ). If it then flopped, it would doom the dev team and possibly even the publisher.
I know that but imagine playing online with your friends and all. It would be an experience like you never had before. I can't even imagine what they can put in the online mode. We can only hope for it in the near future.

Hey, I didn't say I was opposed to the idea of a 40K MMORPG :)
Just that it's unlikely to happen. I believe there were multiple attempts at it before, and they all failed.

The time and cost to replicate the Warhammer universe with the number of races available in 3d would probably run Games Workshop(Warhammer publishing company) into bankruptcy. Don't forget they would also have to add the post-effect of some of the events in the universe all in a 3-dimensional setting. Things like space battles would also have to be included in this Warhammer game. As stated by many others - not feasible.

Back