1000pt Escalation Dwarf List C&C Please!

AlexZ

Hello all, I am playing in a escalation league to help newer players get into the game and learn the ropes. I am one of those newer players and am trying to come up with something that could at least put up a decent fight. The first week was just 500 points of battleline only so it was a huge slug fest. My dwarfs actually came out on top due to thier strong defensive capabilities. So for this week we have to add upon our initial 500 and move up to 1000pts. Only rules are we have to stay within the alliance we originally chose (Order) and have the same units from the initial 500 pt games.

General:

• Warden King (Mandatory)
Heroes:

• Grimm Burloksson

• Runelord
Units:

• x10 Dwarf Warriors w/ Axe and Shield (Mandatory)

• x10 Dwarf Warriors w/ Great Axe and Shield (Mandatory)

• x10 Longbeard w/ Axe and Shield (Mandatory)

• x10 Thunderers w/ Shields

• x3 Gryph Hounds

• x1 Organ Gun

My thoughts were to use Grimm for the +6" range for my thunderers and surround the thunderers with the gryph hounds. Hopefully, this may deter attacks since the gryph hounds could potentially allow the thunderers to get free shots on enemies that get to close. The organ gun w/ grimm will be used to either eliminate troops over an objective or be used as bait.

Looking for some C&C on how to maybe improve this list, or maybe a more effective way to play them.

I would change this into a more melee army and take out Grimm and the Organ Gun and put in some Gyros and hammerers.

Back