Skaven Pestilens

Discussion in 'Warhammer Age of Sigmar' started by Robert2D, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Robert2D

Robert2D Member

Hi everyone!

I am thinking of starting a 1000 point Skaven Pestilens army project next month. (Start Collecting: 1× Plague Furnace, 1× Plagueclaw Catapult, 20× Plague Monks and then three more boxes of ×20 Plague Monks = 960 points)

Do any of you play Pestilens or have any experience of fighting them? I am not a tournament player and I mostly play fun 1000-1500 point games with friends. How fun are they to play as or play against?

AlexZ likes this.
  2. Robert2D

Robert2D Member

Some of my thoughts -

• The warscroll for the Plague Monks looks quite impressive.

• What paint schemes work well for this army? I was thinking of either a Naggaroth Night and Khorne Red for their robes and hoods or a Waaagh Flesh and Dark Reaper. Do you have any other ideas or examples you could show me?

• Is the Verminlord Corruptor worth his points cost?

AlexZ likes this.
  3. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

They're a hordey glass cannon. You need a lot of them, and they hit like a ton of bricks. If they get the charge, they are absolutely devastating (I had a unit of 20 Plague Monks take an Old Blood on Carnosaur down in one fell swoop). Plagueclaws are nothing short of spectacular, and I actually take at least two in every game.

4. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Against hordes they're amazing, unsurprisingly, but I've had some pretty good success with them against Monsters and Heroes too. They're also the only real shooting available, so that counts for a lot too.

5. holmes22

holmes22 Member

I think that others are right about the shooting. That seems to be where I get the most trouble and really the few others in the game.