Some numbers on the AoS Skirmish boxed forces

AlexZ

Just for information, I figured I'd calculate two things: firstly, how many renown points of models (I'm giving the total only) you get in each box, and secondly how much you save versus buying everything separately. This is in UK prices, but the proportional saving should be relatively the same; the warbands cost £40 each here (before any retailer discount).

For the Bloodbound, you get the best saving money-wise, as to buy these individually would be £62.50, saving £22.50 by buying the box. This is still the best saving when you consider eBay for the push-fit Blood Warriors, as it includes a £34.50 kit (Skullreapers/Wrathmongers) and an £18 hero which haven't been released in other sets.

Last edited:
This warband weighs in at 63 renown points, regardless of how you build it, which is the lowest of all four boxes. However if you want to upgrade with more heroes, Gorechosen has 4 Bloodbound heroes not included in this box for £35, with the Start Collecting giving a more balanced selection (including the full kit for Blood Warriors). All can be used in Skirmish.

Its worth keeping in mind that the push-fit models are not easy to incorporate into existing units from other purchases w/o wasting models(like double primes) or weapon compositions.

Back