As a faction, Chaos Daemons are a strange one. They’re true horrors in Warhammer lore but struggle to find their identity on the tabletop. Here’s how to begin collecting Chaos Daemons for Warhammer 40k 10th Edition.
Within the Warhammer 40k factions, Chaos Daemons is one of the most diverse model ranges. Their builds are divided into four distinct sub factions following the four Warhammer 40k chaos gods.
- Slaanesh, god of excess
- Nurgle, god of plague
- Tzeentch, god of fate and trickery
- Khorne, the blood god of murder.
In addition to fighting in their own right, these tribes march to war with the Chaos Space Marines who are pledged to their gods. In this case, the daemons take on many forms depending on the general mien of the patron deity. Thesewarfaring monsters travel down battlefields united only for the purpose of the group Four groups of warriors stand out. and you can craft each one or all.
- The Death Guard of Nurglish daemons;
- the Thousand Sons of Tzeentchians;
- the World Eaters of Khornate daemons; and
- the Emperor’s Children of Slaaneshi creatures.
A Chaos Daemon is a creature of the Warp, also known as the Immaterium. They are not made of normal matter but from the darkly reflected psychic energy of mortals. Many of them manifest specific psychic traits, such as vengefulness, envy, or obsession.
There are two main aspects to this:
- They don’t belong in the ‘real’ world, and they require a lot of psyker energy to remain there.
- They can’t be killed either, as they can re-emerge in the warp if the body is destroyed in reality.
There is no doubt that most daemons are self-interested, but nearly all are eternally bound to one chaos god, competing for power and getting closer to their boss’ right hand. Their devotion is unwavering and remains for a lifetime.