Creative Assembly just dropped the latest Total War: Warhammer III patch. It contains the usual balancing and tweaks, but also adds some new content free of charge: the third Regiments of Renown unit.
- Changes to settlements and garrisons to reduce the frequency of settlement battles.
- Additional flavour for some of the special settlement garrisons—including Karak 8 Peaks, Black Pyramid, Skavenblight and more—by allowing them to use additional units.
- A character experience rebalance, reducing the importance of victory types and focusing on enemy unit destruction.
- Tweaks to the victory objectives of several legendary lords, including those of the Lizardmen, High Elves and Empire.
- A game mode split option has been added to ranked multiplayer, letting you join separate queues and giving you greater control of your online experience.
- Adjustments to AI aggression, strategy and overall game difficulty.
- Plus, monsters are invading the old world in the form of Regiments of Renown III, and a new endgame crisis brings ruin-death to all! Yes-yes…
Here are the units now ready for service in the Regiments of Renown. There’s a heavier emphasis on monsters this time, with Frosthorns, Bloodthirsters, or if those aren’t to your taste, a smelly thing named Uncle Furuncle, the “Great Unclean One.” See, something for everybody.
THE GREEN GUARDIAN – Terracotta Sentinel
Centuries of silent sentry duty at the edge of the Warpstone Desert has been broken by a stunning display of choreographed violence. Foes stand little chance against the enchanted behemoth towering above them.
- ABILITY: Redirecting Aura – Enemy units within range of the aura will have their projectiles redirected back at themselves.
- STAT ADJUSTMENT: Increased Missile Resistance
KHORNE’S BLOODY FIST- Bloodthirster
Even by Bloodthirster standards, the Bloody Fist stands apart. With every savage-yet-precise blow, it grows stronger, while its enemies are pounded to a gory blot on the landscape.
- ABILITY: Goreshell: The Bloodthirster – Gains Damage Resistance when near large enemy targets.
THE FROZEN HEART OF WINTER – Elemental Bear
More than a mere bear, this elemental creature has all the pride and rage of its beleaguered Motherland distilled into its colossal, icy form.
- ABILITY: Heart of Winter Spell (Bound Version) – Creates an area that damages nearby enemies over time.
UNCLE FURUNCLE – Great Unclean One
Those who’ve heard of Uncle Furuncle know to steer well clear of his gaseous girth, lest a torrent of putrid filth descend upon them from gods know where.
- ABILITY: Defiling Deluge (Active) – Uncle Furuncle heals himself while damaging enemies around him.
- SPELL UPDATE: Miasma of Pestilence → Spirit Leech
THE SNOWHORN OF MOURN – Stonehorn
Used to living in the sub-polar temperatures of the Granitetooth Graveyard, this characteristically vicious Stonehorn knows how to use the icy cold to its best advantage, bringing far more than mere heft to the fight.
- ABILITY: Glacial Defence (Active) – Stonehorn gains increased armour and missile resistance, at the expense of some speed.
- ABILITY: Frostbite – Reduces the speed of enemies this unit strikes in melee.
THE MARQUIS OF MASOCHISM – Keeper of Secrets
“I have such sights to show you!”
- ABILITY: Feasting on Fear (Passive) – Regenerates health based on number of enemies who have had their morale break around the Keeper of Secrets.
- SPELL UPDATE: Lash of Slaanesh → Phantasmagoria
- SPELL UPDATE: Acquiescence → Enfeebling Foe
THE GOLDEN GRIFFIN OF THEURGY – Lord of Change
The most powerful of the Changer’s chosen confuses and beguiles before swooping in to give his enemies a bloody, merciless mauling.
- ABILITY: Increased Armour (permanent Glittering Robe)
- SPELL UPDATE: Blue Fire of Tzeentch → Searing Doom
- SPELL UPDATE: Pink Fire of Tzeentch → Gehenna’s Golden Hounds